Face serum benefits
- Absorbs quickly into your skin. Serums are lighter skin care formulations than moisturizers. The thinner viscosity allows the serum to be absorbed more easily into your skin. This makes a face serum an ideal first step in the layering process.
- Soothes sensitive skin. Serums, with their light preparations, are often better for individuals with acne-prone or oily skin types.
- Improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Some face serums contain ingredients like retinoids that may help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Protects your skin from free radicals and future damage. Serums with ingredients like vitamin C, vitamin E, ferulic acid, green tea, resveratrol, and astaxanthin help prevent oxidative damage from ultraviolet (UV) light and pollution, which can lead to premature skin aging and wrinkles.
- Has the potential to provide more visible results. The higher concentration of active ingredients may provide more visible results, compared with other types of skin products.
- Feels light on your skin. Because they absorb quickly into your skin, a face serum doesn’t feel heavy or greasy.
The concept with a serum is that larger amounts of active molecules will potentially penetrate the skin’s surface for optimum effectiveness. Also, due to the higher concentration, it typically takes a shorter amount of time to see visible results.
Many people wonder why they can’t just use a moisturizer or face cream on their skin in place of a serum. While there is no hard and fast rule, research from 2011 suggests using both, and to layer accordingly.
Because a serum is lighter and delivers active ingredients to the skin quickly, it goes on first, after you’ve cleansed your skin.
But you also need to seal the serum to maximize the benefits, which is why a moisturizer or face cream is the next step.
Think of a serum as the secret weapon for treating skin issues like discoloration, dullness, fine lines, or acne — and a moisturizer as the key to hydrating your skin.
One of the most striking benefits of face serums is their ability to help lock moisture into the skin. Formulas with ingredients such as hyaluronic acid can improve the moisture content of the skin whilst strengthening the skin barrier for a hydrated and healthy-looking complexion
Our Aloe Cucumber face set has combined all your beauty needs with a light weight premium serum, face cream and face butter. We suggest adding a retinoid with this for ultimate skin care.